Microsuction is the safest procedure of Ear Wax removal. Its done under direct vision, using an ENT operating microscope and a medical, low pressure suction machine. Microsuction is the procedure considered the safest and most comfortable by the Medical Bodies.
Some of the benefits are:
- Clear view of the ear canal by the medical staff before the procedure which makes it safer for you.
- No ear drops required. With other methods like syringing or irrigation you always need to do have ear drops ( Olive oil, OTEX, etc).
- Procedure is dry which reduce significantly the risk of infection.
- Removes foreign object that might be stuck in the ear canal
- No risk of vertigo
- Oil treatment not always required.
- Can be dome when ears are infected
- Recommended to be performed if Tympanic membrane perforation
- Recommended by ENT Consultants if any ear surgeries in the past
Understanding the benefits of Microsuction will l give patients the confidence that earwax in excess can be remove without any pain.
Ear wax its a natural product and some of the roles are:
- Moisturising the delicate skin of the ear canal
- Waterproof barrier
- Protection against infection
- Trapping dust and debris
Ear wax in excess will block the External Ear Canal, cause the hearing to drop, can hide chronic complications ( cholesteatoma, perforations, polyps, etc) and therefore a safe method is require to be performed.